James Williams Jr.
Time: 12 a.m.
Suspect(s): Deangelo Justice, 22; Jerrico Hawthorne, 24
Status: Suspects convicted
James Williams Jr., 23, is shot in the chest at his home at 2305 E. 17th Street during a robbery. Deangelo Napoleon Justice, 22, and Jerrico Hawthorne, 24, are both charged with felony murder, first-degree murder, especially aggravated robbery and two counts of attempted especially aggravated robbery. In 2013, Justice pleads guilty to facilitation of second-degree murder and is sentenced to eight years. That same year, Hawthorne take his case to trial and is found guilty of first-degree murder and other charges. He is sentenced to life.
• Slaying victim shot 14 times in Chattanooga
• Suspect named in Chattanooga double shooting
• Second man is charged in slaying of James Williams, Jr.
• Hearing set in murder case of James Williams Jr.
• Trial opens for man charged in 2011 shooting homicide
• Eyewitness testimony questioned in Chattanooga murder case
• Co-defendant in 2011 murder pleads guilty to lesser charge
• Hamilton County jury finds Hawthorne guilty of murder; sentenced to life
Where it happened: