Ronald Blackmon Jr.
Suspect(s): Edward Ryals Jr., 18, and Demetrius Bibbs, 18
Status: Ryals convicted. Bibbs not convicted.
Ronald Blackmon Jr. is shot in the head on Sheridan Avenue. Edward Ryals Jr. and Demetrius Bibbs are charged with first-degree murder. Ryals later pleads guilty to second-degree murder and is sentenced to 18 years. The charges against Bibbs are subsequently dismissed.
• Obit: Ronald Blackmon
• 'The wrong bullet for the wrong person'
• Autopsy shows bullet lodged in victimâ€™s head
• 2 teens indicted in March slaying
• Man arrested in Chattanooga shooting was free on bond in separate death
• Bibbs, Ryals blame each other for slaying
• Chattanoogan pleads guilty in 2011 killing
• Courts News: Land fraud case losses detailed
• Dead manâ€™s statement could come into fatal Chattanooga shooting trial
Where it happened: