Time: 7:29 p.m.
Suspect(s): Kaylon Bailey, 35
Status: Suspect convicted
Kima Evans, 35, is shot with an assault rifle at 1706 Cambridge Drive. Evans dies on Jan. 29. Kaylon Bailey is arrested in connection with the shooting. Bailey is charged with unlawful possession of a weapon and first-degree murder. During the trial, the jury hears a 911 recording from Evan's mother's call that day, and Evans is heard on the tape saying Kaylon's name. After one mistrial, Evans is found guilty in a second jury trial and sentenced to life in prison.
• Chattanooga police identify shooting victim
• Charges upgraded as Chattanooga shooting victim dies
• Attorney uses rare tactic in murder trial of Kaylon Bailey
• Conflicting alibis offered for Kaylon Bailey in murder trial
• Curious juror triggers mistrial in the Kima Evans shooting death case
• Kaylon Bailey gets life in 2012 murder
Where it happened: